lördag 17 oktober 2009

ONE KIND OF A CELEBRATION

Last year it was Madonna, Prince and Michael Jackson who turned 50, half way to hundred. This year was Barbie's.

I remember playing in my room with her (Barbie), she was the grandmother, Midge her daughter, who was married to not Ken but the dark haired guy, Skipper was the teenage daughter and the got like eight other kids, I liked big families.
Though being tired of playing around with them in their house, I dressed Midge (she was most beautiful) up in sequin evening dresses, pink tops and dotted skirts, western boots and neon heels.

The dressing up of Barbie and her likes has today been taking to a whole new level. In New York this February Barbie had her own catwalk show which opened with a look designed by Rachel Roy who was inspired by the first Barbie made in 1959.


Said that she's every girl's first fashion muse was proofed by Anna Sui: “I realized one of my childhood dreams when I created an Anna Sui Barbie doll for Mattel. It was really like the ultimate little girl’s fantasy." I had grown up making clothes for my dolls, and of course, I always loved dressing Barbie.”

But a catwalk show is not enough, at least not for Barbie who also got Christian Louboutin making shoes for her.


The Barbie-pink red soled Louboutin shoe premiered at the birthday show in New York.

The designer will make three customized dolls inspired by Nefertiti and Marilyn Monroe will also include some physical changes. “She needed great shoes, a thinner ankle and, to me, as I’m obsessed with feet, a foot more curved,” the designer proclaimed.

The three dolls, packaged in Louboutin shoe boxes, each accompanied with four pairs of Barbie-sized Louboutin's will be sold through barbiecollector and Net-a-porter for $150.

Maybe I should set that barbie house of mine up again, or at least dig out the closet, Barbie needs those neon yellow pumps replaced.

1 kommentar:

  1. "i liked big famalies" haha, cute! barbie has come quite a ways -- the clothes have gotten so much better. that suite is great!

    SvaraRadera